We have a comprehensive circulating music score collection at Central Library in Jamaica. It is unique to the Central Library, as this material is not found anywhere else in our branches or within the Queens community for public use.Our collection includes:
- Sheet music and lyrics to ancient, baroque, renaissance, classical, romantic, and modern songs.
- Genres spanning traditional, popular, art, rock, folk, jazz, sacred, holiday, wedding, new age, heavy metal, and R&B.
- Songs in English and foreign languages, both original or arranged.
- Scores for operas, musicals, and films.
- Music for individual instruments such as piano, organ, guitar, clarinet, saxophone, flute, violin, cello, bass, harmonica, accordion, percussion, harp, sitar, pipa, etc.
- Scores and parts for chamber music and ensembles such as duets, trios, quartets, and quintets.
- Miniature and regular scores for orchestral music, such as overtures, concertos, ballets, and symphonies.
- Librettos for almost every opera performed.
- Method books that demonstrate how to play an individual instrument for beginners as well as advanced players.
- Teaching materials for instrumental and vocal instructors.
- Masterpieces by diverse composers of the world, for voice and instruments.
- Complete works of great composers including: Bach, Beethoven, Berlioz, Chopin, Handel, Haydn, Joplin, Liszt, Mendelssohn, Mozart, Prokofiev, Purcell, Rachmaninoff, Schoenberg, Schubert, Shostakovich, and Tchaikovsky.
Scores can be checked out with a Queens Public Library Card for 21 days and renewed three times. They may also be reserved, interloaned, and returned to any Queens Public Library branch.See our Music Scores