Friends of the Library Chapters do the following:
- Create public support for the Library
- Sponsor programs designed to enhance the cultural life of the community
- Work with library staff on legislative advocacy
- Encourage volunteer assistance
- Provide direct financial assistance by working with library staff to purchase special items not included in the library budget
- Write for the Friends of the Queens Public Library Newsletter.
If you'd like to join an existing Friends group, or start your own, contact your local Community Library Manager or the Assistant Director of Government and Community Relations at (718) 990-8583, (718) 990-5147 (fax), or email@example.com.
Join one today! We are always looking for more library lovers to join in our effort to make certain that libraries are fully funded and appreciated. There are currently 26 Friends of the Library groups throughout the borough of Queens.