Queens Public Library is proud to participate in this year’s New York Cares Coat Drive!
This city-wide initiative aims to collect over 100,000 coats and distribute them to New Yorkers who need them the most this winter.
You can donate new and gently used winter coats for infants, children, teens, and adults from November 1st through December 30.
Here are the 14 QPL locations where you can drop off your coat donations, during our regular hours of service:
- Briarwood, 85-12 Main Street
- Broad Channel, 16-26 Cross Bay Boulevard
- Cambria Heights, 218-13 Linden Boulevard
- Corona, 38-23 104 Street
- East Flushing, 196-36 Northern Boulevard
- Elmhurst, 86-07 Broadway
- Forest Hills, 108-19 71 Avenue
- Hollis, 202-05 Hillside Avenue
- Jackson Heights, 35-51 81 Street
- McGoldrick, 155-06 Roosevelt Avenue
- Ozone Park, 92-24 Rockaway Boulevard
- Poppenhusen, 121-23 14 Avenue
- Ridgewood, 20-12 Madison Street
- Windsor Park, 79-50 Bell Boulevard
Please make sure that your coat donations are in good condition. We encourage you to launder or dry clean coats before donating them.
At this time, New York Cares can only accept coats for donation. If you would like to donate clothing items other than coats, New York Cares encourages you to check donateNYC for organizations with the capacity to distribute those items to people in need.
We thank you for your commitment to helping those in need this winter!