DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Within the larger scope of formal and informal learning within the Programs & Services Department’s (PSD) Community Learning division, the Intake and Outreach Coordinator will oversee outreach and recruitment of customers for the Queens Public Library’s Young Adult Literacy Services (YALS). Develops and supervises informational sessions, develops materials, and supports system-wide initiatives to actively recruit customers for classes among all YALS sites. The Intake and Outreach Coordinator works closely with the Assistant Director of the Career and Academic Pathways to design and implement standardized intake processes to enhance enrollment in public class offerings. Responsibilities include liaising and providing support to customers and various departments to ensure that the Queens Public Library is leading the field in quality of educational opportunities and outcomes.
- Coordinates with all Queens Public Library YALS’ programs and initiatives to provide timely and accurate intake for customers.
- Coordinates with YALS Manager and staff to ensure intake consistency and accuracy with all programs.
- Monitors attendance of programs and introduce initiatives to retain customers in YALS programs.
- Organizes a standardized intake process including assessment (Best Plus, TABE, and Best Literacy).
- Meets regularly with Community Library Managers, YALS Manager, and staff to assess the progress of retention and professional development efforts, and modify methodologies as needed.
- In conjunction with YALS staff, implements a standardized system-wide recruitment program to promote enrollment in YALS.
- Outlines framework(s) for YALS Manager to assess their centers and their participants during the process of achieving program outcomes and objectives.
- Organizes and delivers information sessions to educate the public on programs and services. Establishes a clear pedagogy and set of goals/outcomes that guide instructional staff on conducting community outreach.
- Works with outreach specialists on effective community engagement to increase awareness of YALS programs.
- Act as subject matter expert, liaison and support to CLS and other Library staff for instruction as needed.
- Provides support to YALS staff with data collection related to system-wide program attendance and assessment.
- Prepares reports, analyses, projections and evaluations of services.
- Assists YALS staff in establishing standard processes and procedures for intake and outreach.
- Performs other duties as required.
The schedule for this position will include Saturdays and evenings as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in conducting intake required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience supervising, training, and/or providing professional development to teaching staff.
- Advanced proficiency in technology, including: MS Office, Google Apps, PC, and mobile platforms.
- Working knowledge of TASC, TABE Assessment, TASC Readiness Assessment, Best Plus, and Best Literacy preferred.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to see a project through from inception to completion.
- Prior experience working as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to deal tactfully with customers and staff of all levels.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 65 locations.
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to QLcareers@queenslibrary.org and reference “Young Adult Learning Services Intake and Outreach Coordinator - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
Starting annual salary range is $43,000 - $53,000.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.