** This is a grant-funded position. **
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Within the larger scope of formal and informal learning of the Programs & Services Department’s (PSD) Job & Business Academy (JBA) division, JBA Managers are site supervisors at Queens Public Library’s various JBA locations. JBA Managers are responsible for the daily operations of JBA locations that offer job search training, job skills training, technology training and small business support. JBA Managers supervises full time and part time employees. JBA Managers will supervise expansion of services at multiple locations, implement programs and services to meet the needs within those communities and provide support for the general library community.
Supervision of Staff:
- Supervises JBA full-time and hourly staff, including setting and evaluating measurement criteria for major job responsibilities and strategic initiatives.
- Hires hourly rate staff and participates in the hiring process for full-time staff.
- Sets schedules for staff based on community needs and training calendars.
- Effectively communicates departmental and library information to staff so they can serve customers.
- Trains staff in providing job search readiness and training assistance, both one-on-one and by teaching workshops.
- Holds regular meetings with staff and provides updates to the Assistant Director of JBA.
- Responsible for overall coordination of JBA workshops and trainings for day-to-day operations.
- Oversees the development of workshops and training calendars for assigned locations.
- Responsible for training staff in facilitating programs.
- Develops and oversees the creation of curricula for all service areas.
- Provides support and assistance for job readiness, small business, and technology training workshops as necessary.
Grants Management and Reporting:
- Oversees the implementation of applicable grants at various locations, manages timelines and ensures library and grant outcomes are met.
- Oversees staff and customer use of JobMap for registration and tracking of attendance and services.
- Reports regularly to the Assistant Director of JBA on grant and customer milestones.
- Oversees staff tracking of daily attendance, program participation, success stories and other key outcomes.
- Prepares analysis, reports, projections and evaluations of JBA services.
- Assists in identifying and writing grants.
- Works with Marketing and Communication Department to effectively integrate JBA services in the library’s general marketing plan.
- Serves as site point person for development of referral partnerships with organizations providing complementary services to JBA customers.
- Participates in regular meetings with community stakeholders to assess community needs and identify new services.
- Supervises staff outreach to the community.
- Provides effective access to JBA collections and resources.
- Maintains collections management policies and procedures.
- Instructs customers on use of digital resources.
- Recommends materials based on community need.
- Recommends and refer customers to internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MPA, MBA, or ALA accredited MLS/MLIS Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with direct responsibility for supervising staff required.
- Minimum of (2) years of experience coordinating applicable workforce development, entrepreneurship, technology and other services or programs required.
- Three (3) years of experience providing excellent customer service to large volumes of individuals required.
- Must have experience with managing grant programs and reporting.
- Must have strong organizational and management skills and ability to multi-task and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Must have experience with client data collection software.
- Advanced computer proficiency, including MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required.
- Demonstrated experience marketing social services programs through printed outreach, door to door solicitation, stakeholder development, and community events required.
- Must have a passion for public libraries and providing community-based services.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 65 locations.
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter to: QLcareers@queenslibrary.org and reference “JBA Manager – QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
Starting annual salary range is $65,000 - $88,000.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.