- The Archives @ Queens Library
- Articles & Databases
- Central Library – Collections
- Foundation Center & Grants
- Government Documents
- Guides and Resources
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Special Collections
- Multilingual Web Picks
- Adult Literacy
- Citizenship & Immigration
- Community Information
- Computers & Wi-Fi
- Get a Library Card
- Health Information
- International Relations
- Job Information
- Learn English
- Learn Online
- Multilingual Services
- Older Adults
- People with Disabilities
- Veterans Information
Using Your Card
Queens Library cardholders may borrow materials free from the Central Library or any of the community libraries. A PIN (Personal Identification Number) may be required for some services.
Account holders can:
- Use a public access desktop computer at any Queens Library for up to an hour (time limit may vary by location).
- Access the wireless internet (Wi-Fi) at any Queens Library location and borrow laptop computers for in library use (where available) for free.
- Access all Queens Library online resources, including databases inside the library or from a remote location.
- Borrow up to 50 items on your card at anytime for most materials. (Most items may be borrowed for 21 days. Most bestsellers, CDs, magazines, video games and other high demand items may be borrowed for 7 days. All materials except Inter-Library Loan and Reference materials may be borrowed up to three times. Materials that have been requested by other customers are not renewable.)
- Return Queens Library materials to any Queens Library location.
Borrowing CDs, DVDs and Video Games
- Customers must have a valid adult Queens Library Card that is in good standing to borrow multimedia materials. Children under 12 with a juvenile card may only borrow children’s DVDs, CDs, and video games.
- Most DVDs can be borrowed for 3 days. For example, materials borrowed on Thursday are due on Sunday or the next day the Library is open. Video Games, documentary and instructional tapes are loaned for 7 days. Note: Please check your receipt for the due date of materials borrowed.
- You may have a maximum of 10 DVDs checked out at any time.
- This is a free service, as long as the materials are returned on time. Materials that are returned late may incur Extended Use Fees.
- DVDs, CDs and video games may be renewed up to three times.
- DVDs, CDs, and video games can be returned to any Queens Library location. (The customer is responsible for returning the materials in good condition. If a DVD, CD or video game is lost or damaged, the full cost will be charged to the borrower. There is an $8 processing fee charged for all lost or damaged items. Customers will be charged for missing and damaged labels.)
- DVDs, CDs, video games and computer games may not be reserved.
Usage Guidelines and Regulations
- Copyright laws limit CDs, DVDs, and video games to home viewing only and prohibit their duplication.
- Please keep multimedia materials away from direct sunlight or sources of heat.
- Multimedia materials playback equipment must be at room temperature 2 hours before use.
- Multimedia recorder heads must be cleaned regularly, according to the amount of player use, in order to prevent damage to the material.
- Failure to comply with these policies may result in the suspension of borrowing privileges.
- Queens Library assumes no responsibility for damage to any camcorder, DVD player or other equipment, privately or personally owned, which may result from use of its video materials.
- Your library card is issued for a 5-year period (1 year for out of state accounts). Computer-use-only cards expire 12 hours after activation. Expired cards may be renewed for another five years. Valid identification of your name and address may be required.
- Please inform Queens Library if your name, address, phone number or e-mail changes.
- Your library card is for your personal use only. It may not be lent to anyone. You are responsible for all items charged out on your card.
- Children, with parental consent, may have open access to adult and young adult materials.
- For your protection, report a lost or stolen library card immediately. You can either Contact Us or visit any Queens Library location.You are responsible for all items charged out on your card until you notify the Library that it is missing.
- A fee of $2.00 will be charged to replace a lost, stolen, or damaged library card.
- Accounts owing $25.00 or more are referred to Unique Management Services (Collection Agency) and will incur a $6.00 fee upon referral.