The Medical Librarian provides information about medical and consumer health questions raised by customers. Either factual answers or in-depth research can be performed for a customer. Many questions can be answered within a day of receipt; however more complicated questions may take up to four (4) business days.
The medical librarian only provides information resources and does not diagnose. The information resources should not be interpreted as medical or professional advice. All medical information should be reviewed with your physician or health care professional.
All information related to this transaction - including your email address - will be kept confidential
Speak to our Medical Librarian
Monday-Friday 2:30pm - 4:00pm
or stop in the Central Library’s Consumer Health Reference Center during the above hours. At all other times, fill out a sheet (known as the “blue sheet”) with your question(s) and the Medical Librarian will respond to you.
Email the Medical Librarian
Connect with us live via our Ask a Librarian service:
Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m.- 8:45 p.m.
Saturday 10:00am- 5:00pm
Please note that InfoLine is unable to:
- Answer questions about library card accounts. Please contact Central Circulation Services.
- Provide medical diagnoses (for people, pets or plants).
- Serve as a financial adviser, therapist or lawyer.
- Do homework for students. If you have a question about a problem or assignment ask about what you do not understand as opposed to having us do the work for you.
- Answer contest questions.
For lengthy or in-depth research, please visit one of our library locations.
See also Consumer Health Resources Center.