Right now, people all over Queens are experiencing alarming rates of heart disease, obesity, cancer, high blood pressure, and many other serious diseases. Thankfully, many of these health conditions are preventable or manageable with the help of a doctor. If you have questions about a health issue or are having trouble finding affordable medical care, Queens ConnectCare can help.
Queens ConnectCare provides health information, screenings, and medical appointments at eight Queens libraries: Arverne, Baisley Park, Central Library, Far Rockaway, Far Rockaway Teen Library, Peninsula, Peninsula Adult Learning Program, and South Ozone Park.
Queens ConnectCare is a partnership among: Queens Library, the Joseph P. Addabbo Family Health Center, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and other health and community organizations. The goal of Queens ConnectCare is to provide health education and better access to health care.
Queens ConnectCare will provide:
- Free, reliable, and informative health programming on major topics affecting your health
- Free health screenings (e.g., blood pressure, blood glucose, body mass index) at your local library
- Medical appointment scheduling at your local library
- Health books, brochures, and DVDs in multiple languages
- Knowledgeable library staff to answer your health questions and/or direct you to health professionals
- Information about affordable health insurance options