Guidelines for Requests
When submitting a request, please follow these instructions.
- Include the complete name of the individual(s). If the surname has an unusual spelling, please provide variant spellings.
- Include the complete date of death, including day, month, and year. Requests that include only the month and year will be returned. Information found in the Social Security Death Index will sometimes include a complete date of death; sometimes it only includes the month and year.
- There is a fee of $8.00 US per name. Please make the check or money order payable to Queens Public Library.
- Customers are limited to three names per request.
- The fee(s) is nonrefundable.
- Turnaround time is 5 to 10 business days upon receipt of request and payment.
The mailing address is:
Archives at Queens Public Library
Queens Public Library
89-11 Merrick Boulevard
Jamaica, NY 11432
Please be sure to include the name "Archives at Queens Public Library." Without it, the Archives’ response will be delayed.
For more information, please call 718-990-0770.