Join MYLibrary NYC to unlock benefits for yourself and your students.
MyLibrary NYC is an innovative partnership between the New York City Department of Education and the City’s three public library systems—Queens Public Library, New York Public Library, and Brooklyn Public Library. The program supports classroom instruction, independent reading, and student achievement by providing educators and students with direct access to the millions of books and other resources available at the library. The program provides participating schools with:
- Enhanced library privileges including fine-free Educator Library Cards;
- School delivery and the exclusive use of 8,000+ Teacher Sets designed for educator use in the classroom; and
- Student and educator access to the unparalleled digital resources of New York City’s public library systems as well as instructional support and professional development opportunities.
HOW CAN MY SCHOOL JOIN MYLIBRARYNYC?
First, check to see if your school already is a member in the program from our current list of participating schools. If so, you can register for your Educator Library Card at the following link: https://sets.mylibrarynyc.org/users/signup
Check with your school librarian to find out about the full benefits and services provided by MyLibrary NYC. They can also help you arrange obtaining library cards for your students and visits to local library branches.
Participation in MyLibrary NYC is arranged through the DOE's Office of Library Services. For information on your school joining in the future, ask your school librarian or principal to contact that office directly by visiting the DOE Office of Library Services website or call 917-521-3734.
Participation requirements include the following:
- School must have a functioning and automated school library.
- (If not currently automated, school must agree to automate their school library to the ILS platform Destiny)
- School must have a school librarian or teacher assigned to the school library.
- School must agree to pay an annual program fee.
MORE BOOKS! MORE TIME! LESS FINES!
Your new Educator Library Card includes a variety of unique privileges. Educator cardholders may:
- Borrow up to 100 items
- Check out books, audiobooks and teacher sets for a loan period of 60 days
- Incur no fines charged for books and audiobooks returned late and renewed, except DVDs and bestsellers. Books considered lost if not renewed; fees may incur.
- Request up to 50 items
- Access Queens Public Library’s hundreds of electronic resources databases, including downloadable books, music, and movies
- Receive free, two-week delivery of 8,000+ teacher sets to and from your school
- Link your card to New York Public Library or Brooklyn Public Library at any of their branches, for citywide use.
For more information regarding MyLibrary NYC or if you have questions about your Educator library card account, please contact:
Visit MyLibrary NYC for more information on this powerful resource.