DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the Queens Public Library’s (“QPL’s”) project representative, the Project Manager is responsible for all phases of managing capital construction projects and major renovations. The Project Manager supports the Senior Project Manager and the VP of Capital and Project Management (CPM) by ensuring the best interests of public welfare, health, and safety. CPM is responsible for creating and maintaining all library facilities, including 66 physical locations/libraries and several adult learning centers. QPL’s capital budget of $150 million represents funding from public and private sources. The Project Manager must be able to work with public agencies to execute projects and meet deliverables on schedule and within budget.
- Responsible for all phases of managing capital construction projects and major renovations of all sizes.
- Function as project representative for various capital projects.
- Works with end-user groups to determine scope and prepare needs-assessment reports.
- Inspects facilities and prepare reports.
- Evaluates and recommends construction project proposals.
- Consults with designers, architects, and engineers.
- Provides field supervision of contractors from construction to project close-out.
- Conducts technical review, shop drawing review, and review of all project documentation.
- Works with local governmental agencies as the liaison for QPL in the execution of projects.
- Ensures projects’ successful completion including compliance with budget and schedule.
- Works productively with large, multi-departmental organization including maintenance staff and facility management staff.
- Assists in the development of construction budgets and schedules.
- Conducts financial analysis of projects.
- Reviews contractors’ requests for payment and request for change orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture or related discipline required.
- A minimum of 6 years of related experience in construction/project management in the management of mid-size to large-scale construction projects, including a comprehensive knowledge of building infrastructure systems and an understanding of current materials and methods of construction required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be experienced user of MS Word, Excel, and Project.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 66 locations.
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to Employment@queenslibrary.org and reference “Project Manager - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.