My Account is an online service which allows customers to access their library account information via the web 24 hours per day 7 days per week. This service can be accessed from any Queens Public Library computer or from any computer that has Internet access. You can also access account information through our automated telephone service CALL (Customer Automated Library Line). You will need your Queens Public Library Card and PIN to access your account.
Through My Account you can
- Place a request for material to be held at the location of your choice.
- Renew library materials.
- Check availability of materials on hold.
- Pay outstanding extended use fees.
CALL (Customer Automated Library Line)
CALL is an automated telephone service which allows customers to access their library account information using a touch tone telephone 24 hours per day 7 days per week. From a touch tone phone dial 718-990-8508. You will need your Queens Public Library Card and PIN to access your account.
Through CALL you can:
- Check the due date of items you have borrowed.
- Get a list of overdue materials.
- Renew library materials.
- Check availability of materials on hold.
Renewing Library Materials
Most Library materials can be renewed up to three times.
Please note you will not be able to renew items if:
- Your account has been referred to Unique Management Services (Collection Agency).
- A customer has requested materials you have borrowed.
- Your library card is or will be expiring soon.
- Your items have been renewed 3 times.
Renewing Materials Through My Account
- Enter your Library Card Number and PIN.
- Click on “My Checked Out” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on either the “Select All” check box at the top of the page or the “Renew” button near each item you wish to renew. (Items checked-out or already renewed the same day are not renewable.)
- Confirm your renewals when you are asked to do so.
- Your items are now renewed. (You may print a copy of this page if you would like confirmation of your renewal.)
Renewing Materials Through CALL
- Call 718-990-8508 from a touch tone phone. Rotary phone users please call your local library during regular hours. Click here for a complete listing of libraries and hours of service.
- Press 2 for account options.
- Enter Library card number and PIN.
- Press 1 then Press 2 to renew all items.
- Once your renewal is complete please record your new due date.
Get A Library Card
A Queens Public Library account card is your passport to: over 5.3 million books, movies, and more; over 10,000 classes and events per year; over 1,000 computer workstations, and more. Apply now: click here
Account holders can:
- Use a public access desktop computer at any Queens Public Library for up to an hour (time limit may vary by location).
- Access the wireless internet (Wi-Fi) at any Queens Public Library location and borrow laptop computers for in library use (where available) for free.
- Access all Queens Public Library online resources, including databases inside the library or from a remote location.
- Borrow up to 50 items on your card at any time for most materials. (Most items may be borrowed for 21 days. Most bestsellers, CDs, magazines, multi-set and non-fiction DVDS, video games, and high demand items may be borrowed for 7 days. Items can be renewed up to 3 times. Materials that have been requested by other customers are not renewable. All materials except Inter-Library Loan and Reference materials may be borrowed.)
- Return Queens Public Library materials to any Queens Public Library location.
Using Your Card
Queens Public Library cardholders may borrow materials free from the Central Library or any of the community libraries. A PIN (Personal Identification Number) may be required for some services.
A PIN (Personal Identification Number) is a 4-digit number that is created on the day you open your library account. Your PIN should be kept confidential so no one can access your account.
You will need your PIN in order to
- Check out library materials
- Access the library computers and online research databases
- Access your account information online or through the CALL system (see above).
- Request books online
If you forget your PIN
You may reset it if we have a valid e-mail address on file. From our home page click "Forgot Your PIN". If you do not have an e-mail address on file, please visit the circulation desk of any Queens Public Library to reset your PIN. You will be asked to provide ID. Don't forget to also provide an e-mail address so you can reset it online in the future!
To change your PIN
When logged into your account, click on “Edit Account” under your profile name. From here you can also sign up for e-mail notifications.
Borrowing CDs, DVDs, and Video Games
- Customers must have a valid adult Queens Public Library Card that is in good standing to borrow multimedia materials. Children under 12 with a juvenile card may only borrow children’s CDs, DVDs, and video games.
- Most DVDs are 3 day loans. The date due is printed on your receipt at check out. Video Games, documentary and instructional tapes are loaned for 7 days.
- You may borrow a maximum of 10 DVDs checked out at any time.
- You may borrow a maximum of 3 video games checked out at any time.
- This is a free service, as long as the materials are returned on time. Materials that are returned late may incur Extended Use Fees.
- CDs, DVDs, and video games may be renewed up to three times.
- CDs, DVDs, and video games can be returned to any Queens Public Library location. (The customer is responsible for the return of materials in good condition. If any items are lost or damaged, the full cost will be charged to the borrower. Additionally, an $8.00 processing fee is charged for all lost or damaged items. Customers may also be charged for missing and damaged labels.)
- CDs and DVDs can be requested.
- Video games cannot be requested.
- CDs, DVDs, and video games can all be reserved for same day pick-up by customers at the owning library location.
Usage Guidelines and Regulations
- Copyright laws limit CDs, DVDs, and video games to home viewing only and prohibit their duplication.
- Please keep multimedia materials away from direct sunlight or sources of heat.
- Multimedia materials playback equipment must be at room temperature 2 hours before use.
- Multimedia recorder heads must be cleaned regularly, according to the amount of player use, in order to prevent damage to the material.
- Failure to comply with these policies may result in the suspension of borrowing privileges.
- Queens Public Library assumes no responsibility for damage to any camcorder, DVD player, or other equipment; privately or personally owned, which may result from use of its video materials.
- Your library card is issued for a 5-year period (1 year for out of state customers). Computer-use-only cards expire 12 hours after activation. Expired cards may be renewed for another five years. Valid identification of your name and address may be required.
- Please inform Queens Public Library if your name, address, phone number or e-mail changes.
- Your library card is for your personal use only. It may not be lent to anyone. You are solely responsible for all items charged out on your account.
- Children, with parental consent, may have open access to adult and young adult materials.
- For your protection, report a lost or stolen library card immediately. You can either Contact Us or visit any Queens Library location. You are responsible for all items charged out on your card until you notify the Library that it is missing.
- A fee of $2.00 will be charged to replace a lost, stolen, or damaged library card.
- Accounts owing $25.00 or more are referred to Unique Management Services (Collection Agency) and will incur a $6.00 fee upon referral.