UPDATE (6/21): The following libraries will be closed to serve as polling places in the Primary Election on Tuesday, June 22: Briarwood, East Elmhurst, Elmhurst, Forest Hills, Kew Gardens Hills, Lefferts, Lefrak City, North Forest Park, Peninsula, Ridgewood, St. Albans, and Seaside. Is your library where you should vote? Please visit https://findmypollsite.vote.nyc/ or call 866-VOTE-NYC (866-868-3692) to confirm the correct location for you to vote in your neighborhood.
On June 22, and during early voting from June 12 - 20, NYC voters will vote in a very important primary election. This will help decide the outcomes of many critical races for Mayor, Public Advocate, Comptroller, Borough Presidents, and all 51 City Council seats.
The June primary is also the first time that Ranked Choice Voting (RCV) will be used citywide. RCV is a system of voting in which you can rank up to five candidates in order of preference. This new system will be used in all of NYC's primary and special elections.
- June 22nd: Primary Election Day. Search for your poll site here or call 1-866-VOTENYC.
- June 22nd: Deadline to Return Absentee Ballot. Last day to postmark your absentee ballot or drop it off at a poll site. The ballot must be received no later than June 29th.
To find out what seats are up for election and who you can vote for, see The City's extensive guide to the 2021 elections, and visit electnyc.org. To learn about Ranked Choice Voting, visit NYC Campaign Finance Board's site for an explanation, a practice ballot, and a frequently asked questions section.
For additional information, call or visit these organizations.
- NYC Board of Elections: https://www.vote.nyc/ or by calling 866-VOTE-NYC
- NYC Votes: www.voting.nyc, FAQ https://www.voting.nyc/how-to-vote/frequently-asked-questions/
- DemocracyNYC: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/democracynyc/index.page Voter resource guides available in multiple languages.
- Disability Rights, New York: https://www.drny.org
- League of Women Voters Vote: 411 https://www.vote411.org/ or 212-725-3541