You can remember all of the exciting things that happened at the Library this year with the top twelve Queens Public Library Magazine articles of 2019!
(That's right, it was such a busy and eventful year for us, we couldn't pick just ten!)
From our Black History Month passport challenge to our first robotics competition for kids, from the launch of our new name and our Renewed Promise to the Public to our JetBlue Soar with Reading vending machine, from a hip hop monuments exhibit to the opening of our new library at Hunters Point, relive our best moments from this year.
You can also catch up on new books that are at the Library with articles about their authors, some of whom visited us this year, including Kwame Alexander, David W. Blight, and Wayétu Moore.
For additional library news, book recommendations, and more, read all of our back issues.
Here is the full list of 2019’s top articles:
- Sarah Smarsh: An Experience That All People Deserve (January/February 2019)
- Wayétu Moore: Working Towards Representation in Literature (March/April 2019)
- Walking Through Queens: Helina Cheung’s Passport Challenge Journey (May/June 2019)
- Queens Library Goes Public as We Renew Our Promise to Our Customers and Communities (May/June 2019)
- Kwame Alexander: Books Should Be Both Mirrors and Windows (May/June 2019)
- Empowering Young Robot Builders (July/August 2019)
- Small NYC Museums Worth Visiting This Summer! (July/August 2019)
- JetBlue Brings Soar with Reading Program to Queens Public Library (September/October 2019)
- Don’t Miss These Hip Hop Monuments at the Library! (September/October 2019)
- Hunters Point Library is Open! (November/December 2019)
- A Conversation with David W. Blight, Author of Frederick Douglass: Prophet of Freedom (November/December 2019)
- Margaret Wilkerson Sexton: A Calling That Will Take the Edge Off (November/December 2019)