DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As part of the Community Library team, the Teen Site Coordinator provides direct services to teens and young adults during out of school hours. With a focus on creating a welcoming, engaging space for teens to learn, explore and socialize, the Teen Site Coordinator is responsible for coordinating programs, managing the Teen Centers and staff, and creating a youth friendly environment. The Coordinator will work closely with the Coordinators of Teen Services, High School and College Readiness and Youth Justice program initiatives for teens, including but not limited to, career exploration, high school and college readiness, social justice, socio/ emotional wellness, and digital literacies.
- Responsible for facilitating daily operations, ensuring adequate staff coverage, opening, and closing of the building/service area, and maintaining an inventory of supplies. Regularly supervises and audits the appearance, operation and condition of the Library’s public service areas, book stacks and physical space as it pertains to the Teen Centers.
- Hires, trains, and manages part time Teen Center staff, including but not limited to Youth Counselors and Teen Net Mentors.
- Creates and follows up on finance and budget entries using the Library’s SAP system, including but not limited to purchase orders, requisitions, and good receipts.
- Manages select grant funded programs which includes creating activity and expense reports.
- Responsible for program descriptions, attendance tracking and marketing using the LAMPS database.
- Collects and organizes relevant program data (programming evaluations, surveys, etc.)
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating innovative, impactful, and culturally responsive programs and services for teens.
- Responsible for coordinating the Teen Center program calendar. Will liaise with the Coordinators of Teen Services, High School and College Readiness, and Youth Justice, among others, to ensure all major teen initiatives are complimentary and responsive to the customers’ needs.
- Creates and maintains a culture of inclusion and respect in the Teen Center.
- Manages and enforces discipline policies and provides effective guidance for the Teen Center.
- Develops and maintains relationships with local schools and community based organizations to promote the teen centers and programmatic offerings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The schedule for this position will include weekends and evenings.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working with youth between the ages of 12-21 including implementing successful youth programs required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience supervising staff required.
- Must have extensive experience in program planning and coordination.
- The ideal candidate must be a dynamic individual that demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) and has a positive and enthusiastic approach to working with youth. Must have advanced internet/computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must have experience and knowledge of basic social media including Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and TikTok etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Youth Development, Social Services or related field is preferred.
- Experience working with grant funded programs is preferred.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 65 locations.
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to QLcareers@queenslibrary.org and reference “Teen Center Site Coordinator - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
Starting annual salary is $66,922.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.