DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Teen Center Site Coordinator facilitates all operational aspects of Teens Services at Queens Public Library Teen Centers and/or Community Library Young Adult spaces. Responsibilities include coordinating the administration of after school and special programming services, maintaining a youth focused environment, developing programs, participating in managing grant budgets, providing and managing data/reports, and supervising part-time youth counselors and teen-net mentors. Provides public service support to community libraries.
- Develops, implements, and manages programs for teens and their families that focus on academic enrichment, literacy, career and college planning, job readiness, technology training, health and well-being, social skills, and general library services. Monitors successful completion of program requirements and communicates shortfalls in a timely fashion.
- Continually assesses the programming needs of youth. Collaborates with staff to complete the program calendar and coordinates the use and maintenance of space between staff and presenters. Markets and recruits for program participants.
- Performs outreach and liaises with community based organizations and educational institutions in the local community. Identifies and secures new program partnerships. Maintains positive relationships with program partners.
- Provides basic circulation, customer interaction, programming, and outreach support to the Cambria Heights Community Library.
- Attends grant funding meetings. Accurately manages and tracks the spending of grants that have been awarded to the Teen Center/Community Library. Manages expenditures to ensure compliance with the terms of the grant.
- Responsible for facilitating the daily operations, ensuring adequate staff coverage, opening and closing of the building/service area, and maintaining an inventory of supplies. Regularly supervises and audits the appearance, operation, and condition of the library’s public service areas, book stacks, and physical space. Ensures proper building maintenance and operating standards are upheld.
- Immediately communicates concerns about the physical environment and cooperatively involves Capital & Facilities Management and Community Library Services Administration to facilitate a resolution of physical environment concerns. Partners with the Information Technology Department to resolve and report computer/technical issues.
- Maintains program participation, computer usage, customer feedback, and other required data for grants and BOOST reporting. Analyzes program outcomes to ensure grant goals are met. Provides regular reporting & forecasts projections.
- Performs other duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Concentration in Youth or Community Development or Social Services preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working with youth between the ages of 12-21, including implementing successful youth programs required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience supervising staff required.
- Experience working with grant funded programs is preferred.
- Must have extensive experience in program planning and coordination.
- Must have advanced internet/computer skills, including: MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must have experience and knowledge of basic social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. We transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of offering pioneering programs and services to the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 65 locations.
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter to: QLcareers@Queenslibrary.org and reference “Teen Center Site Coordinator, Cambria Heights - EXTERNAL” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.