DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Manager of Organizational Assessment is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting data useful for planning and delivering system-wide programs and services to Queens Public Library (QPL) customers. This position will report to the Chief of Staff and works closely with Library departments and units across the organization, ensuring that assessment, measurement, and analyses are integral parts of the Library’s culture and operations. The individual also represents the Library in local, regional and national metrics reporting, assessment, and evaluation efforts; evaluates effectiveness of Library assessment efforts; and recommends ways to strengthen the assessment and evaluation program. This position will directly support the Library’s strategic assessment initiatives related to current and potential users, library services, and performance monitoring.
- Collects, analyzes, and presents data related to Library facilities, collections, programs, services and user behavior.
- Collects and analyzes data on various demographic groups and oversees databases and mapping.
- Creates, enhances, and maintains databases related to data collection, storage, and maintenance.
- Develops new reporting and data collection/management tools for performance assessments.
- Supports and project-manages initiatives to collect, report, and manage internal Library performance metrics.
- Aids in the development and maintenance of institutional dashboards and scorecards.
- Provides senior management with data to support Library operations, decision-making, and performance assessment.
- Responds to internal and external requests for data and special reports related to Library operations and demographically targeted services.
- Initiates and maintains contact with community, government, public service, and professional organizations and other agencies working in data collection and dissemination as related to library users, services, and performance assessment.
- Monitors changes in various demographic groups in the borough and specific user populations and follows up on leads from QPL staff regarding new or emerging user groups.
- Liaises with other Library departments to give and receive data related to library service and performance.
- Collects, prepares and submits Federal, State and Local reports as needed/required.
- Analyzes Library operations and services utilizing quantitative and qualitative research methods and disseminates findings to appropriate audiences.
- Represents Queens Public Library at meetings and conferences as needed.
- Develops subject matter expertise.
- Participates in customer experience initiatives, including workflows and evaluation of services.
- Suggests and completes special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of five years of experience in data collection and analysis is required.
- Must possess strong analytical and innovative problem-solving skills and strong commitment to service excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment and individually.
- Acumen in working with organizational performance assessment tools.
- Must have a working knowledge of a variety of survey, demographic, and statistical analysis tools.
- Must demonstrate initiative and have the ability to launch and manage projects from inception to completion.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, technical, and organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
- Must be proficient and knowledgeable in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Access, Excel and Word software, PowerPoint), Web-enabled applications, and emerging technologies as applied to data collection and library and public service assessment.
- Master’s Degree is desired.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. We transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of offering pioneering programs and services to the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 65 locations.
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter to Employment@queenslibrary.org and reference “Senior Manager of Organizational Assessment - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.