**This is a temporary grant-funded position through 6/30/2020.**
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Pre-Kindergarten Office Assistant supports the Lead Pre-Kindergarten Teacher and the Assistant Teacher in the daily activities of the Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) program. Responsibilities include day-to-day administrative support for UPK staff.
- The Pre-Kindergarten Office Assistant will meet regularly with the UPK leadership and library staff to review assignments and other administrative needs for the program.
- Greets and logs visitors, and is the first point of contact in the UPK area.
- Opens and distributes departmental mail to appropriate staff. Answer phones, documents & forwards messages, and routes phone calls when necessary.
- Manages departmental supplies, including surveying the supply storage areas to ascertain what is needed. Takes supply inventory, organizes and maintains supply storage area.
- Arranges and schedules internal and external meetings, including arranging transportation. Assists with maintaining departmental calendar, coordinating meeting materials, and distributing meeting packages upon request.
- Prepares correspondence, enters data into database application, maintains departmental files, and files documents as needed. Ensures that assigned clerical projects are carried out and completed in a timely manner.
- Works in cooperation with other staff and external partners to present a united effort in providing programs and supportive services.
- Assists with maintaining and straightening of the classroom.
- Assists with food service distribution for lunch and snack time.
- Assists the Lead Teacher and Assistant Teacher in classroom oversight.
- Assists UPK Leadership in other projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required.
Scheduled work hours are generally from 8am – 4pm, Monday to Friday. Occasional evening shifts may be required.
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency diploma required.
- A minimum of one year of clerical/administrative experience is required, preferably in a grant-funded educational institution.
- A demonstrated track record of providing friendly/excellent customer service required.
- A commitment to working as part of a Pre-K team with excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communications skills required.
- Must undergo a criminal background check, fingerprinting, mandated reporter training, and other trainings as required.
- Bilingual language skills preferred.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. We transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of offering pioneering programs and services to the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 65 locations.
Please email your resume and cover letter to QLcareers@queenslibrary.org and reference “Pre-K Office Assistant - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.