** This is a temporary grant-funded position through 6/30/2022. **
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Within the larger scope of formal and informal learning of the Programs & Services Department’s (PSD) Adult Learner Program (ALP) division, the Outreach and Partnership Specialist supports Adult Learning divisions through outreach and recruitment of potential participants to various programs. Supports the establishment, maintenance and expansion of Adult Learning’s partnership networks, including the maintenance and expansion of current partner relationships and the establishment of new partner relationships. Provides administrative and data support including follow-up on participant outcomes. Ensures effective and efficient operations and adequate documentation, per contractual requirements. Percent of time spent on each job responsibility will vary based on program, site or funding.
- In collaboration with program/site staff, other Adult Learning divisions, Community Library Services and Community Engagement/Outreach, the Outreach and Partnership Specialist assists with outreach activities designed to bring in new customers to the Library and new participants into Adult Learning programs.
- Contacts and meets potential participants to explain the benefits of the program.
- Works with program staff to coordinate assigned recruitment activities and participates in special events to explain the program to potential participants.
- Provides information regarding admissions requirements and program benefits to prospective participants via phone, mail and personal visits; follows up with mail or phone call, as appropriate.
- Meets with prospective participants individually and in groups to discuss program options.
- Assists new participants with the enrollment process including advising, placement testing administration and registration of first-time students.
- Plans, coordinates and organizes open houses and information fairs.
- Participates in key projects, such as developing material for online promotion, and implements internal and external communication strategies.
- Assists in the preparation of presentations about Adult Learning services.
- Participates in regular meetings with site/program staff to review recruitment plans and generate feedback.
- Produces follow-up reports regarding outreach and recruitment activities and plans.
- Supports the establishment, expansion and maintenance of excellent referral relationships with internal Library partners and external organizations that can meet the social, emotional and educational needs of participants.
- Ensures smooth day-to-day operations and successful internal and external partnerships.
- Schedules and sets up regular partner network meetings and conference calls.
- Supports the development and implementation of promotional and marketing materials.
- Processes referrals to internal and external partners.
- Follows up on referrals to ensure participant needs were met, including entering and tracking participant attendance electronically and recording participant outcomes.
- Maintains participant files, program files and program statistical data as required by funding requirements and program standards.
- Maintains, tracks and orders all supplies.
- Acts as administrative support for designated site.
- Maintains a regular schedule of program admission, orientation and information sessions as assigned by supervisor.
- Conducts follow-up with exited participants by phone, email and other methods to ensure that job attainment, wages, enrollment into other educational program and other participant outcomes are recorded.
- Completes activity reports for tracking and accountability purposes.
- Maintains a prospective participant tracking system
- Documents and tracks all interactions with potential participants according to timeline set by supervisor and/or funding specifications.
- Manages the collection and distribution of outreach outcomes statistical data for reporting purposes, including adherence to program standards and government contract reporting.
- Performs other duties as required.
The schedule for this position will include Saturdays and evenings as required.
- High School Diploma and experience in related field is required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience or desire to do outreach and maintain solid relationships with internal and external organizations.
- At least one year in an administrative or support capacity working with vulnerable populations.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to work with diverse populations.
- Must have Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are highly desired.
- Experience with other MS Office applications preferred.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 66 locations.
Please send your resume and cover letter to QLcareers@queenslibrary.org and reference “Outreach and Partnership Specialist - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.