DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for managing all Human Resources activities for part-time staff including recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, and separations. Administers a wide variety of regulatory compliance procedures. Manages the day-to-day time and attendance program issues, including answering inquiries, troubleshooting, training, and updating balances as needed. Checks eligibility, processes applications, tracks donations, and produces reports for the Donated Sick Leave Program. The Human Resources Coordinator will also be responsible for the supervision of HR part-time and volunteer staff. Performs other duties as assigned.
Human Resource Administration
- The HR Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the HR administrative functions relating to part-time employees including new hires, onboarding, changes in employment information and separations.
- Responsible for the overall coordination of orientation including partnering with the Information Technology and Investigations and Security Departments and ensuring that all activities are completed for new hires.
- Reviews part-time employee changes for accuracy.
- Responsible for part-time recruitment and the creation of new part-time positions. Follows-up with leadership and managers, as needed, to ensure accuracy of information.
- Partners with Finance and Payroll regarding part-time information. Resolves all part-time issues related to Finance/Payroll.
- Contributes and participates in HR automation projects that affects the HR Administration division.
- Under the guidance of the VP of Human Resources and Director of Labor and Employee Relations and Labor Counsel, provides level 1 employee relations assistance to supervisors in solving work-related problems and performance management issues. Interprets all company policies to assure proper adherence by managers.
Supervision of Part-Time and Volunteer Staff
- Sources, selects, and trains part-time and volunteer staff on various clerical tasks and projects.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates the daily operations of part-time and volunteer staff.
- Designs and maintains work procedures.
Time and Attendance
- Trains staff on using the time and attendance system. Responds to inquiries and troubleshoots issues in a timely manner.
- Provides direction and clarification to Payroll and managers regarding employee’s time and attendance records.
- Executes changes in Kronos on an as needed basis.
Donated Sick Leave Program
- Under the direction of the VP of Human Resources, checks eligibility, processes applications, records donations on time cards, and produces reports when needed.
Human Resources Regulatory Compliance
- Generates SAP reports monthly and monitors employment authorizations and expirations. Runs monthly reports to ensure compliance and renewals as needed. (e.g. Working Papers, Visas)
- Audits documents for accuracy and compliance to federal and state regulations. Manages communication with employee and management.
- Administers I-9 binders for all active and inactive employees.
- Oversees the employment verification process. Ensures that verifications adhere to established legal guidelines.
- Responds to audit requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required.
- Four or more years of human resources or related professional experience required.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented, flexible and a self-starter.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and intermediate knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel required.
- Experience with other MS Office applications, SAP, Kronos preferred.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 66 locations.
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to Employment@queenslibrary.org and reference “Human Resources Coordinator - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.