DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for managing all Human Resources activities including recruitment and employee relations for Part-Time employees, and onboarding and separations for all employees. Administers a wide variety of regulatory compliance procedures. Manages the day-to-day time and attendance program issues, including answering inquiries, troubleshooting, and updating balances as needed. Checks eligibility, processes applications, tracks donations, and produces reports for various HR related programs. This position will work on various HR projects and help implement strategic initiatives for Part-Time human resource services, including, compliance and regulatory monitoring, career pathing and coaching, Human Resources Information System (HRIS) administration, performance management, compensation, and employee engagement. The Human Resources Coordinator will also provide backup supervision of HR Part-Time and Volunteer staff. Performs other duties as assigned.
Human Resources Special Projects
- The HR Coordinator will function as a project team member on HR automation projects and will be involved in operational aspects including planning, scheduling and monitoring activities to fulfill identified project requirements.
- Under the direction of the Assistant Director of HR, researches opportunities and develops project plans.
- Helps develop new initiatives. Analyzes trends, develops strategies for various programs and initiatives.
- Assists in generating training and communication documents.
- Coordinates internal training sessions/seminars for Kronos and other QPL wide HR related topics.
- Implements process improvements, recommends corrective action.
Human Resource Administration
- The HR Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the HR administrative functions including onboarding and separations for all employees and recruitment and changes in employment information for part-time employees.
- Responsible for the overall coordination of orientation including partnering with the Information Technology and Investigations and Security Departments and ensuring that all activities are completed for new hires.
- Provides back-up support for orientation sessions.
- Reviews and processes part-time employee changes for accuracy.
- Responsible for part-time recruitment and the creation of new part-time positions.
- Follows-up with leadership and managers, as needed, to ensure accuracy of information.
- Partners with Finance and Payroll regarding employee information.
- Resolves all employee issues related to Finance/Payroll.
- Under the guidance of the VP of Human Resources and Director of Labor and Employee Relations and Labor Counsel, provides level I employee relations assistance to supervisors in solving work-related problems and performance management issues.
- Interprets all company policies to assure proper adherence by managers.
Time and Attendance
- Responds to inquiries and troubleshoots issues in a timely manner.
- Provides direction and clarification to Payroll and managers regarding employee’s time and attendance records.
- Executes changes in Kronos on an as needed basis.
- Processes full-time separations and retirements, calculates payout totals.
- Provides back-up support to the HR Leaves Specialist.
- Under the direction of the VP of HR and Assistant Director of HR, generates all user communications relating to time and attendance processes.
- Provides backup support for Donated Sick Leave, Optional Terminal Leave Early Payout, Compensatory Time Payout and similar HR Programs.
- Processes and reviews time and leave related forms.
Human Resources Regulatory Compliance
- Generates SAP reports monthly and monitors employment authorizations and expirations.
- Runs monthly reports to ensure compliance and renewals as needed. (e.g. Working Papers, Visas)
- Audits documents for accuracy and compliance to federal and state regulations.
- Manages communication with employee and management.
- Administers I-9 binders for all active and inactive employees.
- Oversees the employment verification process.
- Ensures that verifications adhere to established legal guidelines.
- Responds to audit requests.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency.
- 5 years of human resources or related professional experience required.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented, flexible and a self-starter.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and intermediate knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of human resources or related professional experience preferred.
- Experience with other MS Office applications, SAP, Kronos preferred.
About Queens Public Library:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 66 locations.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Employment@queenslibrary.org and reference “HR Coordinator - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
Starting annual salary is $55,702.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.