DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Vice President of Facilities and Environmental Services (FES), the Energy Analyst assists in reviewing Queens Public Library’s (QPL) energy and resource usage and helps develop reduction and conservation strategies. Working with internal departments including Capital Projects, Information Technology, Security and Library Services and external stakeholders including NYC’s Department of Citywide Administrative Services’ (DCAS) Division of Energy Management (DEM) and Office of Management and Budget, the Energy Analyst will compile and analyze data, develop best practices and help with implementation of plans to track, manage and reduce energy and greenhouse gas emissions through improved operations and maintenance (O&M) practices at each department facility.
- Identifies and catalogs existing agency assets for comprehensive reporting to internal staff and external stakeholders and regulators.
- Prepares reports relating to energy and resource usage and energy reduction and conservation strategies.
- Assists with setting goals, developing measurement metrics, tracking progress and recommending areas of improvement for energy efficient operations and energy reduction.
- Develops and oversees an agency-wide energy management program in coordination with DEM. The program should cover a wide variety of areas including operations improvement, preventative maintenance procedures, and information management.
- Capability to analyze and compute high level calculations for technical grant funding opportunities.
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels to develop buy-in from key personnel.
- Fosters relationships with other energy managers and key DEM staff to ensure best practices.
- Researches energy conservation practices including the study of new technologies, products and equipment, and their feasibility for implementation at QPL facilities.
- Assists in the identification, development and implementation of energy-efficiency grants based on the facility needs of existing branches.
- Works with and provides instructional training to internal stakeholders to encourage waste reduction from composting and recycling to energy monitoring and BMS systems.
- Works with Agency procurement staff to ensure equipment and accessories are energy compliant and non-redundant (where applicable). Additionally, works to minimize proprietary (sole source) equipment and technology (where applicable).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in sciences, engineering or related field with emphasis on facilities management, or combination of technical training and experience demonstrating building engineering aptitude.
- A minimum of three years of experience in facility operations and maintenance, energy management or mechanical systems construction.
- Strong work ethic, organizational, administrative, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to proactively multi-task and adapt to changing and competing needs.
- Demonstrated ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, using sound judgment.
- Ability to be self-directed and work both independently and in a team.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Working knowledge of lighting and temperature control systems, building automation systems, HVAC equipment, electrical distribution systems and energy management program development preferred.
- Certified Energy Manager preferred.
- Training and facility operations experience preferred.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 66 locations.
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to Employment@queenslibrary.org and reference “Energy Analyst - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
Starting annual salary is $67,049.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.