DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Marketing, the Digital Marketing Associate is responsible for creating and posting marketing content and assisting with all aspects of the development of digital marketing campaigns and customer engagement activities, including research, analysis, budgeting and execution.
- Gathers and develops content for email campaigns by reviewing program information in event system or speaking with program organizers.
- Assists with the content marketing strategy by developing and managing all original Queens Public Library (QPL) imagery and video content, creates storyboards, develops more content to expand our content library, and supports staff in executing their content ideas.
- Creates, edits and maintains content on the QPL’s website.
- Assists with virtual programs and posts content on our main social media platforms as needed.
- Collaborates with other departments and library locations to build out campaigns and other marketing strategies.
- Builds and tests for quality assurance email campaigns using email design tool.
- Selects and edits appropriate images for email campaigns.
- Sets up and implements various paid advertising campaigns in Facebook, Instagram, and other digital mediums as needed.
- Monitors ad spend and performance to ensure that campaigns are on track and do not exceed campaign budgets.
- Works in support of marketing campaign reporting and analysis by implementing tracking and downloading performance data from email, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google, and other platforms on a regular basis.
- Supports and executes customer engagement initiatives such as sweepstakes, contests, and polls.
- Executes market research projects as needed.
- Provides other general support as needed. Support activities can include creating Facebook event pages or Eventbrite pages for high profile programs, updating website content, and writing creative brief for designers and copy editors.
- Performs other duties as required.
The schedule for this position may include evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, New Media, Communications or related degree.
- One year plus experience in marketing, digital media, or communications.
- Knowledgeable of and proficient in social media coordination and trends.
- Experience with HTML and email design tools.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills required.
- Experience working with Microsoft Suite and social media platforms (Instagram. Facebook, YouTube, Google, etc.).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a diverse mix of personalities required.
- Willingness to respond to changing circumstances and responsibilities required.
- High degree of initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Audio/video editing and photography skills is a plus.
- Google AdWords experience is a plus.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 66 locations.
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to Employment@queenslibrary.org and reference “Digital Marketing Associate - QLWEB” in the subject line.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.