DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Queens Public Library Foundation is a 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) and 170(b)(1)(A)(vi) non-profit organization whose mission is to raise funds for the programs, services, and materials for Queens Public Library.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Development Officer serves in a generalist role, including providing fundraising, grant, and administrative support to the team in all of its varied activities and is also responsible for generating reports and other updates. We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed individual who is excited to join a hard-working, mission-driven team.
- Manages the cultivation and solicitation of a portfolio of donors under the supervision of the Executive Director.
- Crafts a range of compelling proposals, reports, budgets, and communications to individuals and foundations.
- Assists with the management of financial information and processes associated with grants.
- Participates in the cultivation and stewardship of foundation and individual donors, including initiating and managing donor communications, reviewing, and ensuring accuracy in donor recognition and donor follow-up.
- Researches new prospects and strategizes on approaches.
- Assists with special events, as needed, including the annual Gala.
- Develops strong working relationships with staff.
- Exercises tact and diplomacy in internal and external communications.
- Take on special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Non-Profit Management, English, Marketing or a related field required. Minimum of five years related fundraising experience in a non-profit organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Demonstrated track record of successful major donor cultivation and gift solicitation.
- Experience in writing, editing and managing grants across a wide range of subject matter.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical ability, organizational skills, prospect research skills, and creativity.
- Ability to compose and interpret financial information.
- Demonstrated success in managing high volume, high quality deliverables.
- Must be highly motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must work well with others and independently.
- Proficient computer experience in Word, PowerPoint, and Internet tools.
- Advanced computer knowledge of Excel and databases required.
- Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Experience with special events planning desirable.
- Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce experience preferred.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. We transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of offering pioneering programs and services to the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 65 locations.
Send your resume and cover letter to Employment@queenslibrary.org and reference “Development Officer - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.