DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Customer Service Supervisor at a Principal Library location works in partnership with Community Library Manager (CLM) and Assistant Community Library Manager (ACLM) to lead customer service efforts at some of the busiest community libraries within our organization in terms of annual circulation, gate count, programs and/or program attendance.
- In partnership with the CLM/ACLM, performs a leadership role in the supervision of customer service staff, including developing and managing the performance of Customer Service Representatives, Pages, Volunteers, Net-Mentors and other designated staff; including but not limited to, maintaining fact files and completing performance reviews.
- Provides friendly, courteous and accurate service to library customers, using self-service or other equipment. Troubleshoots customer accounts. Enrolls customers. Completes library forms. Answers directional questions. Processes fines/fees. Refers customers to librarians for reference questions. Addresses/resolves customer complaints/issues.
- Scans returned items and shelves library materials. Discards/removes items from the physical collection based on materials identified for removal by librarians. May take inventory of materials. Responsible for searching, selecting and preparing reserve titles. Searches for and prepares reserve titles for delivery.
- Prepares new and existing materials for customer use, such as stamping books, affixing labels, security strips/RFID tags, applying book covers, and linking of materials. Opens boxes for all deliveries and verifies contents to packing lists. Enters goods receipts into SAP.
- Prepares and submits accurate employee work schedules and ensures maximum service coverage assignments. Prepares and submits accurate employee time worked reports for agency (e.g. shift, overtime). Reviews, approves, and submits subordinate time sheets to CLM.
- The Customer Service Supervisor must have demonstrated experience in the following competencies: initiative, flexibility in approaching daily responsibilities, cooperative teamwork and modeling exemplary customer service.
- When assigned to opening and closing, completed all required duties on the checklist. Sets up startup money. Enters daily receipts into SAP. Prepares money for bank deposit. Performs end-of-day money closeout. Accurately completes reports, such as the Waive Log. Orders supplies for agency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The schedule for this position will include Saturdays and evenings.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Two years of customer service experience required.
- One year of Supervisory/Management experience including responsibility for the performance management of full time staff.
- Must be friendly, courteous, and professional and have strong interpersonal skills to support customer service. Strong verbal and written communication skills; detail oriented, flexible and a self-starter required. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. We transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of offering pioneering programs and services to the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 65 locations.
Please send your resume and cover letter to QLcareers@queenslibrary.org and reference “Customer Service Supervisor - QLWEB” in the email subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.