DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and clerical support to the Executive Office. This role regularly interacts with the Library’s President and CEO, Board of Trustees, Senior Executives, partners, and customers. Responsibilities include executing a broad range of analytical, administrative, executive support and research functions with little oversight or supervision. Adeptly manages multiple time-sensitive deadlines while naturally retaining a positive attitude and independently completes complex tasks and projects efficiently with a high level of attention to detail. The Administrative Assistant will be entrusted with confidential information and at all times must act with discretion and integrity.
- Responsible for day-to-day administrative functions such as scheduling meetings, calendar management, prioritizing, responding to inquiries, and maintaining emails, reports, and files for the President and CEO.
- Follows-up on delegated tasks and assignments for status and completion. Provides professional, courteous and quality customer service to internal and external constituents. Greets and assists visitors in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner.
- Reacts with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround. Takes effective action as needed and efficiently and creatively solves problems.
- Assists in completing Board of Trustee and Board Committee agendas, reports and meeting minutes.
- Composes proofs and edits routine correspondence. Coordinates business/networking/professional functions, and associated travel arrangements.
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining records management and performing general office management functions such as maintaining the inventory of office and boardroom supplies, purchasing office supplies, and processing and goods receipting invoices via SAP, LAMPS and SRM.
- Serves as backup to the Executive Assistant.
- Schedules and arranges appointments, monitors email after hours, and provides telephone and mail support.
- Prepares presentation materials and reports. Maintains and collects departmental information. Responds to internal and external requests for data and special reports.
- Facilitates and completes special projects. May assist senior management with administrative needs.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School diploma required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting executive management.
- Must possess superb administrative and organizational skills with exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Excellent computer skills, including expertise in MS Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Able to plan, prioritize, and organize a heavy workload and adjust to changing priorities.
- Must possess superior typing, spelling, proofreading and editing skills, and attention to detail. Proficiency in producing minutes, and minute taking is a must.
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment in handling confidential/sensitive matters; must keep the strictest levels of confidentiality at all times.
- Must be reliable, flexible, a self-starter, proactive and able to exercise integrity and discretion.
- College Degree preferred.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. We transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of offering pioneering programs and services to the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 65 locations.
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter to Employment@queenslibrary.org and reference “Administrative Assistant - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.