- Apprentice Training Apprenticeship is the process of learning a skilled occupation through both on-the-job training (practical, paid experience) and learning the related technical knowledge in a classroom. You must be 18 years old, or be 16 years old with parental approval.
- The Career Interests Game This site suggests what careers you might enjoy given your interests. It also provides you with information about the salaries of various career choices are, and how much education is needed.
Summer Youth Employment
The Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) provides New York City youth between the ages of 14 and 24 with paid summer employment for up to six weeks in July and August.
Here's what you need to know-
• The application is due on April 15, 2016.
• Participants are chosen by a NYC Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD)
computerized lottery system
• There are work opportunities at a variety of community based organizations including Queens Library!
Check out additional information on the NYC DYCD website; www.nyc.gov/dycd.
Summer Volunteer Position:
Volunteer with Queens Library
Queens Library offers volunteer opportunities for teens, ages 14 and up. This is a wonderful chance to support your neighborhood while you earn community services hours; gain valuable work experience; or strengthen your college application. Service projects are available year-round. Minors must obtain parental consent and valid working papers to volunteers. Visit us at queenslibrary.force.com to view a complete list of current projects.