- The Archives @ Queens Library
- Articles & Databases
- Central Library – Collections
- Foundation Center & Grants
- Government Documents
- Guides and Resources
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Special Collections
- Multilingual Web Picks
- Adult Literacy
- Citizenship & Immigration
- Community Information
- Computers & Wi-Fi
- Get a Library Card
- Health Information
- International Relations
- Job Information
- Learn English
- Multilingual Services
- Older Adults
- People with Disabilities
- Veterans Information
Job Information Center @ Long Island City
37-44 21 Street
Long Island City, NY 11101
Drop-in assistance is available on the following days and times. For extended assistance or appointments at other times, please call the Long Island City Community Library at (718) 752-3700
|10-7||2-6||12-6||12-6||12-6||Call for availability|
Computer classes are available on a rotating basis including:
- Beginner’s Computer Series: a 10 session class covering the basics of computer use from the mouse to the internet, email and Microsoft Office
- Intermediate Computer Series: a 10 session class covering more advanced functions of computer use including internet, email, Microsoft Office and social networking.
- Mastering Microsoft Word: a 4 session class covering beginner and intermediate Word functions
- Mastering Microsoft PowerPoint: a 4 session class covering beginner and intermediate PowerPoint functions
- Mastering Excel: a 4 session class covering beginner and intermediate Excel functions
- Mastering Publisher: a 3 session class covering beginner and intermediate Publisher functions
Please check the monthly calendars for availability of these classes and special topics
Job Search Workshops including resumes, cover letters, job search strategies and interview preparation are offered weekly on a rotating basis.
Job Searching with a Criminal Record is available on a monthly basis.
Queens Library offers several free online training opportunities for library customers.
Metrix Learning is an easy to use, self-directed, online learning program offering multiple learning tracks in a single platform. All training courses are online. Users must have a valid email address and a high level of computer and internet understanding. Once a user has attended a 1 hour orientation session at select Queens Library locations, they can access Metrix Learning from any computer with an internet connection and speakers or headphones.
Training is available in many areas, including:
● Microsoft Office Specialist (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
● Adobe Creative Suites including Photoshop
● Internet Computing Core Certification
● Six Sigma
● Project Management
For orientation sessions at Long Island City, please consult the monthly calendars.
Learning Express Library is a database that provides access to interactive skill-building courses and a broad range of practice tests based on such official exams as the ACT, SAT, GED, ASVAB, Firefighter, Police Officer, Paramedic, EMT Basic, U.S. Citizenship, Postal Worker, Cosmetology, Real Estate Agent & Broker Exams. Learning Express is accessible from all library computers and from home with your library card. Assistance with Learning Express is available in the JIC or at the Open Lab times.
Job and Career Accelerator allows customers to access information on occupations that suit their interests. Access current job listings from over 5 million job postings, which are collected from all major job boards. Create professional resumes and cover letters, master interviewing and networking techniques, and more. Job and Career Accelerator is accessible from all library computers and from home with your library card. Assistance with Job and Career Accelerator is available in the JIC or at the Open Lab times.
JobNow provides career resources including personality and career assessment, resume building including online review and interview preparation including online assistance from an interview coach. If you can’t make it to the library, this is the job search assistance resource for you. JobNow is accessible from all library computers and from home with your library card. Assistance with JobNow is available in the JIC or at the Open Lab times.