DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides friendly, courteous and accurate service to customers. Answers directional questions and refers customers to librarians for reference questions.
• Provides customers with assistance in the use of library technology including first level troubleshooting and technical support for computers, such as rebooting, clearing paper jams, changing printer cartridges and ensuring the fair use of library computers in accordance with library policy.
• Provides customers with direct assistance in the navigation of the Internet and the use of Library software
• Performs all the duties and responsibilities of a Customer Service Representative as needed, such as entering data into computer systems, preparing new and existing material for customer use, scanning and shelving returned materials, completing reports and removing items from the physical collection.
• Coordinate the use and the distribution of laptop computers. Assist with the distribution of written promotional flyers and brochures to the community.
• Promotes library programs to customers within the library and assists with programs for the public. May accompany librarians to support programs in the community.
• Ensures appropriate program setup is completed. Searches for and prepares reserve titles for delivery.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Schedule will include some Saturdays and evenings.
• High School Diploma or Equivalency Diploma required. College degree preferred.
• One year of professional experience providing technical support and troubleshooting for computers required.
• Two years of customer service experience required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented, flexible and a self-starter.
• The ability to apply time management principles to complete multiple tasks with competing deadlines is required.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The annual salary for Customer Service Specialist positions is $34,603.
ABOUT QUEENS LIBRARY:
Queens Borough Public Library, a private non-profit corporation located in Queens, New York, is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. The Queens Library includes 65 service locations with 1,700 employees.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference “Customer Service Specialist - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer