Kupferberg Center for the Arts.
Address:Kupferberg Center, Queens College Flushing NY 1367-1597
Telephone(s):718-544-2996 (Admin) 718.793.8080 (Box Office)
E-mail:Email form available on the website.
World Wide Web: http://kupferbergcenterarts.org/
The Kupferberg Center for the Arts has a variety of facilities offering performance and visual arts. Many of the events are free.
The Center consists of the following components:
* Aaron Copland School of Music - presents mostly free events featuring faculty, students, alumni, and distinguished guests
* Drama, Theatre, and Dance Department - each season presents four productions directed by faculty and guest artists: a musical or opera; a classical or contemporary play or world premiere production; and 2 dance concerts
* Godwin-Terbach Museum - boasts a comprehensive permanent collection of 3,500 objects
* Kupferberg Center Performances - formerly called the Colden Center, offers performances of classical music, jazz, contemporary entertainment, and children's events
* Louis Armstrong House Museum - former residence of the great jazz musician offering tours, interpretive exhibits, and special events in the Armstrong garden
* Media Studies Department - will be offering interesting film series to the public
* Queens College Art Center - has public exhibitions of established and emerging artists in diverse media
Please visit the website for more information about their programs, hours, and locations.
Box: M-F. 12pm-6pm and 1 hour before all performances. Admin: M-F, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Fees/Methods of Payment:Many free but there is a charge for music and dance performances.
Access for People with Disabilities:Wheelchair accessible. For special needs, call 718-544-2996.
Services Offered:Dance Performances
, Music Performances
, Recreational Activities