New York Therapeutic Riding Center
Address:608 West 48th Street New York NY 10036
World Wide Web: http://www.equestria.org/
The New York Therapeutic Riding Center (NYTRC) conducts the therapeutic horseback riding program, EQUESTRIA®, for children and adults with disabilities living in the 5 boroughs of New York City.
GOALS OF EQUESTRIA® CLASSES
* To teach children and adults with disabilities the equestrian skills needed to become good riders
* To use horseback riding activities to facilitate specific rehabilitation objectives for individuals with disabilities
BENEFITS OF THERAPEUTIC HORSEBACK RIDING
* Improved balance, posture, coordination and mobility
* Stronger muscles and mobilization of the trunk and pelvis
* Increased attention span and communication skills
* Improved confidence and self-esteem.
Call for days and hours of classes.
Services Offered:Mental Health Care and Counseling
, Physical Therapy
, Volunteer Opportunities
Target Groups(By Need):Children with Disabilities
, Disabilities, People with
, Functional Disabilities
, Mental Illness / Emotional Disabilities