- The Archives @ Queens Library
- Articles & Databases
- Central Library – Collections
- Foundation Center & Grants
- Government Documents
- Guides and Resources
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Special Collections
- Multilingual Web Picks
- Adult Literacy
- Citizenship & Immigration
- Community Information
- Computers & Wi-Fi
- Get a Library Card
- Health Information
- International Relations
- Job Information
- Learn English
- Multilingual Services
- Older Adults
- People with Disabilities
- Veterans Information
Advocates for Children of New York
Address:151 West 30th Street 5th Floor New York NY 10001
World Wide Web: http://www.advocatesforchildren.org
AFC's commitment is to those children at greatest risk due to disabling conditions, poverty, race or sex discrimination, or inadequate academic preparation. Services include:
1. We provide free advice and legal representation for families of students who are struggling or experiencing discrimination in school. We help them protect their education-related rights and obtain the educational support their children need.
2. Our free trainings and workshops provide pivotal information for parents, communities, and professionals, so that they may advocate effectively on behalf of their children.
3. Based on our 40 years of “on the ground” experience, we conduct policy advocacy that spurs change in the education system and improves education outcomes.
4. When real change will not happen without a court order, our impact litigation provides the most vulnerable students protection under the law, gives them the opportunity to receive a quality education, and compels education reform.
New York City children from infancy through age 21.
By referral and a screening and/or evaluation process.
Fees/Methods of Payment:Free
Access for People with Disabilities:Office is wheelchair accessible. Assistive technology.
Services Offered:Case / Care Management, Early Intervention for Developmentally Delayed, Education Advocacy Groups, Internship Programs, Legal Services, Public Awareness / Education, Volunteer Opportunities, Workshops / Symposiums,
Target Groups(By Need):At Risk Youth, Children with Disabilities, Families / Friends of People with Disabilities, Students,