McGoldrick Community Library is located in the Murray Hill section of Flushing (also known as Broadway-Flushing). It occupies an eastern corner of North Flushing. Broadway was the original name of Northern Boulevard. Before the area was developed it consisted mostly of nurseries owned by families named Parsons, King and Murray. This area was developed in1889, and in April of that year, the Murray Hill LIRR station was built on 150th Street and 41st Ave.
McGoldrick Community Library has had many different locations. Originally in 1911 service was provided from a small traveling station- unfortunately it closed in 1916 because of low circulation. In 1925 library service was started again but then closed two years later since adequate space for the library could not be found. In 1930, the library was established as the Broadway-Flushing library.
In July 1931, the library moved to a building on 162nd street and Broadway. During this time the name of the library was changed to McGoldrick to honor the late Reverend Edward F. McGoldrick, a local pastor and library trustee.
The library was moved twice to two different locations on Depot Road over the next 40 years, until 1974 when the library moved to its present location on 155th street and Roosevelt Avenue. The library serves a residential diversified community including Chinese, Korean and Spanish populations and has many materials available to the customers in their home language.