Join us at the Library this weekend for an author event with sci-fi writer Karen Bao, homework help, family story time, ShapeUp NYC fitness classes, a writer’s workshop, a panel discussion on contemporary activism in the Corona/East Elmhurst area, special Lincoln Center Local screenings, science clubs, arts and crafts, and much more! ...
We're honoring a special selection of notable African-American writers on the Queens Library blog. Check our special blog post every week in February, starting February 3, as well as our social media channels!
Queens Library, in partnership with Queens Borough President Melinda Katz, presents "50 Years of Integration" with the generous support of the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Starr Foundation.
The Rosedale community was established in 1888 and named Foster’s Meadow. In 1894, the area was divided into building lots and the present name was established. In 1919, the Women’s Club asked the library for service. A collection staffed by volunteers was begun and by November a station was established. In 1920, rent-free quarters were found for the library. The Branch was relocated a number of times over the years. In May 1962 the Rosedale Public Library was opened in the rented building that it presently occupies. This was overseen by the Board of Trustees with Cornelius B. Hermann as president and Chief Librarian Harold W. Tucker.