Enjoy this weekend at Queens Library with a holiday movie triple feature, songs from around the world, "Guardians of the Galaxy,” Andean folk melodies and carols, a workshop (in Chinese) for job interview help, a celebration of South Asian culture through the arts and a Kwanzaa concert with Grace ...
“The Hobbit” may be nearing the end of his epic screen journey. Fear not! Queens Library has many other favorites to recommend. Look for them in downloadable e-books and audiobooks as well as on our bookshelves.
Have you read: The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle Stardust by Neil ...
“Where in Queens” helps users connect to social services closest to where they are. It refers users to both public services and those from faith-based and community-based organizations. The site is free to access and use on any internet connected device.
Zendesk originally created the app for use in San Francisco. ...
Queens Library invites you to a series of free concerts featuring world music. Events take place on Sundays at 3:00 pm through June 2015 at Queens Central Library. 89-11 Merrick Boulevard, Jamaica, NY 11432.
McGoldrick Community Library is located in the Murray Hill section of Flushing (also known as Broadway-Flushing). It occupies an eastern corner of North Flushing. Broadway was the original name of Northern Boulevard. Before the area was developed it consisted mostly of nurseries owned by families named Parsons, King and Murray. This area was developed in1889, and in April of that year, the Murray Hill LIRR station was built on 150th Street and 41st Ave.
McGoldrick Community Library has had many different locations. Originally in 1911 service was provided from a small traveling station- unfortunately it closed in 1916 because of low circulation. In 1925 library service was started again but then closed two years later since adequate space for the library could not be found. In 1930, the library was established as the Broadway-Flushing library.
In July 1931, the library moved to a building on 162nd street and Broadway. During this time the name of the library was changed to McGoldrick to honor the late Reverend Edward F. McGoldrick, a local pastor and library trustee.
The library was moved twice to two different locations on Depot Road over the next 40 years, until 1974 when the library moved to its present location on 155th street and Roosevelt Avenue. The library serves a residential diversified community including Chinese, Korean and Spanish populations and has many materials available to the customers in their home language.