- The Archives @ Queens Library
- Articles & Databases
- Central Library – Collections
- Foundation Center & Grants
- Government Documents
- Guides and Resources
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Special Collections
- Multilingual Web Picks
- Adult Literacy
- Citizenship & Immigration
- Community Information
- Computers & Wi-Fi
- Get a Library Card
- Health Information
- International Relations
- Job Information
- Learn English
- Multilingual Services
- Older Adults
- People with Disabilities
- Veterans Information
Email a Librarian
Queens Library's "Ask a Librarian" email reference service provides answers to basic information requests or direction to specific reference sources. Many questions can be answered within 24 hours. However, more complicated questions may take up to two (2) business days. Have additional questions about this service? Click here for more details.
- Who may use this service?
While all questions are welcome, priority is given to questions from customers in New York State and to questions pertaining to Queens Library's collections, programs and services.
- What kinds of questions can I ask?
Ask-a-Librarian is a ready-reference service where librarians provide brief, factual answers to the following types of inquiries:
- Queens Library print and multimedia collection
- Community information about Queens
- Access to and use of online articles from newspapers, magazines and journals from Queens Library's research databases
- Government and statistical information
- The Electronic Databases & Recommended Internet Sites
- Queens Library Events (Programs, Booksales, etc.)
Tip: Before asking your question, let us know if you have checked the following sources:
- What kind of answer will I get?
If you have asked a specific, factual question, you will get a brief answer. If you have asked a question with a broader scope, you may get a possible place to check or start your research.
- How else can my question be answered?
You may call the Queens Library Telephone Reference Service at (718) 990-0714 or 990-0728. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 8:45 p.m., and Saturday, 10:00 - 5:15 p.m. You may also call or visit your local library.
- Can I ask questions about my library card account?
Library card account information is available online using the My Account service. You may also telephone the automated CALL system 24 hours a day at (718) 990-8508 to access your account or call any branch for assistance.